Chronology of Morland Hall

1849 Francis Atkinson listed Morland Hall at building now known as Morland Hall Farm.

1859 No buildings on current site shown in Ordnance Survey map.

1855 Construction of new Morland Hall begins.

1861 Building completed – turret shows brick with date signed by Moses.

1873 G. Atkinson – Justice of the Peace in residence.

1894 The Reverend Francis Home Atkinson of St Helier, Jersey, one of the principle land-owners in the parish.

1898 OS map shows Morland Hall on the new site.

1905 Henry Earnest Atkinson in residence – the grandson of Francis.

1913 Joseph Holt – tenant of Morland Hall donated the organ now used in St Lawrence’s church.

1913 Hall rented for 5 years by Torbock family while Crossrigg Hall is constructed.

1923 Henry sells the Hall at auction to George Morland Beck.

1927 WG Shorrock purchases Hall.

1936 Commander RH Torbock of Crossrigg Hall buys Morland Hall.

1939 Hall becomes Red Cross hospital – Miss Dorothy Hartley is commandant.

1945 Hall abandoned after Second World War.

1947 Burst pipes flood Hall during the great winter.

1948 Roof removed from Hall to construct Crossrigg Farm cottages.

1953 Commander Torbock buys Morland Hall Farm, the original Morland Hall.

1992 Death of Cornish Torbock and the Commander at Crossrigg Hall.

1999 Hall purchased from the Crossrigg Estate by the current Owner.

2001 Main Hall restoration completed.

2002 Second stage rebuilding of Shorrock House and Torbock House.

2003 Stable block and Dutch barn conversion, offices, gym and swimming pool built.

2006 Visit Britain 5 Star self-catering standard awarded

2007 Wins Eden Design Award Conservation Category

2009 Approved premises for the authorisation of weddings and civil partnerships

2009 Visit Britain 5 Star Gold Standard awarded